Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making A Difference

This is my first attempt at blogging and I hope this thing does spell check! The three post prior to this were put on here by an incredible young lady by the name of Sarah Hendricks, who created our new COTJ website. I feel like a bird that has been kicked out the nest and must learn to fly. All this computer stuff is beyond my comprehension and it amazes me. I'm not sure what I am to do next because I really have never been one to journal my thoughts for others to see. I really do spend a great deal of time thinking but I don't usually write those thought down.
Now that I have confessed my being a rookie, I will give this blogging thing a shot!!

My title for this blog is "Making A Difference", because inside of me is a real desire to do just that! As I look back over the past 56 years, I think of so many people who have made a difference to me, in both good and bad ways. All of us could make lengthy lists of those folks who have impacted our lives over the years. It would be a great exercise to make that list, including not only the names, but the how as well. I would think that after our list was complete we would see a vivid picture of just how important other people have been in our lives. We could then spend a great deal of time, energy and money, thanking all those folks that have sewn into our lives. I am not against doing that and as opportunity arises, I do, and will thank those who have impacted me.
It really makes me feel good when someone I have impacted lets me know it, by thanking me for being or doing something that really made a difference in their life. I have been on facebook now for aprox. 5-6 months and during that time I have been blessed by people contacting me that I have not heard from for years. To be honest, I do not remember many of those who have requested friendship! Many of those facebook friends have blessed me by telling me how much I meant to them. In many cases, I had no idea that I was important to, or made a difference to them.
With this thought in mind I want invite all who read this to take some time to remember those who have and continue to make a difference to you. Then I want to encourage you to join me in being purposeful in making a positive difference in the lives you are involved with at this time and in the future. A good place to start is right where you are!!! Whether it be with your family, friends , co-workers, employees, employer, etc..., seek opportunities to make a positive impact and not just hope it happens. In order to do this we will need to see others as worth our investment! Once we make that decision then we go to work!
As I said before, I really do want to make a difference and I realize that it may require a sacrifice of time, energy and finances to do so. When I think of all that has been invested in me, how can I do any less.
In closing this first Blog, let me apologize for run on sentences and poor grammar! I will work on these things. I want to proclaim that, I am called to impart not only the Gospel of Christ to others but my life as well. I Want To Make A Difference!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great 1st Blog! You do a make a huge difference in so many ways in our lives. Whether we tell you or not, we frequently talk about how much you mean to us & are impacting our lives. I have gone to church most of my life and pastors have come & gone but to me I've never had a pastor that can speak to my heart on a weekly basis & manage to bring me to tears with the God's word & yours(even if most of those tears are inside). So thank you Mike for being such a wonderful part of "The Crazy Hendricks'" lives. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better than Sarah. You have made such an impact on the "Grassmann Gang", I don't even know where to start, except to say...I want to be like Mike!!!

    ReplyDelete