Thursday, January 13, 2011

It is Thursday morning 1/13/2011 and I have not written for some time! I really don't know how I feel about blogs because I don't know if anyone really reads them. With all the Facebook writers out there, I think blogging may have gone by the wayside! So, here I sit and type not knowing if anyone besides me will read this!!!
I had breakfast with some of the men from our church this morning and I was blessed by the fellowship that the nine of us had. I learned some new things about some of those who were there and my good friend Bob even paid for everyone!! I wish I could have paid this morning, but the money just was not in the account to cover it!!! Bob has such a big heart and I thank God for him and his blessing not only me but, all who were there!
My Blog today has to do with the memorial service that was held in Arizona last night for the six people who were killed last Saturday in Tucson Az. I am not a very politically minded person, and I saw the service last night as awesome, regardless of any political leverage that may have been gained or lost. I was proud as a taxpayer to have some of our countries leaders involved in a prayer service yesterday and the memorial service last evening! I was blessed to hear the Written Word Of God read at the service, and I was thrilled that the name of Jesus was lifted up!!! I know that many of you out there saw last night as a political move, but I saw it as a movement of God in and thru a tragic event that took place because the days are evil. I saw last night as light in the midst of darkness and a breath of fresh air in a smog filled world. I am praying that those who read from the Word Of God, that they would without apology believe in, and speak about Jesus Christ who rose from the dead and gives each of us the opportunity to experience the same resurrection!!! We can be saved by grace thru faith if we will accept the free gift that is offered to us by God. I do not know what everyone believes, but what was shared last night, would lead me to believe that that some of those who spoke, believe in and trust in Jesus Christ, as the Way, The Truth, and The Life, and that only thru Him can one gain entrance into the Kingdom of God!!!!
Because of last night I believe that no one can ask us not to pray in school or at public events, and that the separation of Church and State issue is only to restrict the state from mandating what we believe and not to restrict us from saying what we believe in and throughout our states!!!! Have a blessed day!! Until next time!!!! Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment